kpmg's ccs professionals are experienced in serving a variety of our firms' clients in a wide range of industries in areas such as royalties, licensing, distribution agreements, advertising, digital content and more. as a result, we understand the complexities and nuances of a range of business contracts, processes and procedures and have been able to help companies recover revenue misstated in self-reporting statements while maintaining and improving relationships with their business partners.
our services are as follows:
- royalty compliance — aims to recover fees, help strengthen licensing relationships and identify opportunities for mitigating risk.
- software end-user license review — monitors license compliance for software vendors, leading to increased current and future licensing and maintenance revenue.
- vendor contracts — advises on management of vendor relationships.
- ad agency contract compliance — aims to identify significant cost recoveries or other improvement opportunities.
- reseller and distributor review — assists with the enforcement of contracts with channel partners.
- digital distribution — assists digital content owners in assessing the completeness and accuracy of self-reporting of content distribution.
- software asset management (sam) — can include a review of people, process and technology areas against industry standards.
- intellectual property (ip) audit — assistance in assessing and optimizing processes of the ip governance throughout different stages of the ip lifecycle.
gaining the full value that is due from contracts is clearly a chief concern for many companies — in terms of enhancing income, reducing costs and meeting s-o 404 compliance issues.
kpmg’s contract compliance services can help with:
- deep industry experience — improving revenue or reducing costs as well as resolving complex relationship and contracting issues.
- understanding of partner relationships — we work in a non-adversarial way to help business partners understand the terms of their agreements.
- objectivity and confidentiality — giving reassurance to the third party in a review.
- an established methodology and approach enables us to focus on your specific environment.
- global reach — through the network of member firms we can provide contract compliance professionals worldwide.
kpmg’s contract compliance services (ccs) professionals can help our firms’ clients by advising on:
- enhanced return on investment (roi)
- recovered cash from overpricing and overpayments
- better protection of intellectual property
- mitigating and managing risks within the extended enterprise
- more effective financial reporting controls
- improved relationships with key business partners
- increased confidence in vendor’s contract compliance process
- identified opportunities to enhance contract language
- in-depth industry experience and a dedicated practice